Effective Date: June 21st, 2017
Information We Collect
We may collect and store information about you in various ways. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we automatically collect through your use of the Services, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Provide to Us. When you use the Services, you may be invited to provide information to us. For example, dotHealth may collect information from you through:
- Applications for an Industry Access token
- Account registration and administration of the account
- Requests or questions you submit to us via forms, email or any other manner
- Your communications and dealings with us (including on our websites, over the phone, on third-party social media sites, and by mail or email)
- Requests for email updates
The specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and what information you choose to provide. The types of data we may collect from you may include:
- Name, address, telephone number, and email address of you, and/or your designated billing, administrative, and/or technical contacts
- Information supporting your application for an Industry Access token
- Login details and password, if you create an account with us
Information We Automatically Collect. In addition to the information you provide to us directly, we may automatically collect information about your use of the Services as follows:
- Websites. When you use our websites, we may collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, the state or country from which you accessed the Services, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, the number of clicks, files you download, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the terms you use in searches on our sites, the date and time you used the Services and upload or post content, error logs, and other similar information.
- Use of our email updates. When you receive an email update from us, we may collect information related to whether you open the update, and what content you select to view via the update.
- Location Information. When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or zip code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device. If you access the Services through a mobile device, we may also ask your permission to collect your precise geo-location information. The Services use this location information to provide customized location-based services, content, promotional offers and other information that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have specific geo-location information collected and used by us and our service providers, you may disable the location features on your device. Please see your device manufacturer settings. Please note that if you disable such features, you may not be able to access or receive some or all of the services, content, features and/or products made available via the Services
- Collection of Information across personal devices, and applications. Sometimes, we (or our service providers) may use the information we collect -- for instance, log-in credentials, IP addresses and unique mobile device identifiers -- to locate or try to locate the same unique users across multiple browsers or devices (such as smartphones, tablets, or computer), or work with providers that do this, in order to better tailor content and features and provide you with a seamless experience across devices. If you wish to opt out of cross device tracking for purposes of interest-based advertising, you may do so through your Android or Apple device-based settings
Information from Third-Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. This may include information you provide to your registrar when you register a domain name in the .health top-level domain.
Cookies and Other Technologies
In conjunction with the gathering of data through cookies, Web servers may log records such as your device type, operating system type, device advertising identifier, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record the address of the Web page that referred you to our website, the IP address (and associated city and state or province for the IP address) of the device you use to connect to the Internet, and data about your interaction with our website, such as which pages you visit.
We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Also, third parties whose products or services are accessible or advertised via the Services may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the Services as discussed above. We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) to serve tailored ads to you on the Services, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services. We may provide our customer information (such as a hashed version of your email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to target or “retarget” you with ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications. (You may opt out of these many of these service providers as described in the next paragraph.)
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms.
As described in the above section on Tailored Advertising, we are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Services for third-party purposes. However, we do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals, as the Internet industry is currently still working on Do Not Track standards, implementations, and solutions.
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
To Provide and Manage the Services You Request. This includes, for example, enabling you to participate in the features provided by the Services and sending you email updates. It also may include providing personalized content to you.
To Contact You. We may periodically contact you with information about the Services and our affiliates and partners. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages or by emailing email@example.com.
To Improve Products and Services and Advertise. We may use the information we collect to analyze and improve the Services and to provide advertising to you.
To Protect the Rights of the Services and others. We may use your information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, security, or property of dotHealth, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law and/or applicable policies and procedures adopted by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN Policies”), including, without limitation, by including relevant information in the zone file and the WHOIS database for the .health top level domain.
Consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
Aggregate/De-Identified Data. We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services. We may use de-identified and/or aggregated data for any purpose and with any restrictions, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, sponsors, event promoters, and/or others.
How Do We Share Information?
The following provides information about entities with whom we may share information. Our practices may vary depending on the type of information.
Affiliates. We may share information with our affiliates.
Service Providers. We may share information with third parties that help us operate our business and provide our services, such as contractors that provide us with technology, services, data or content.
Registrars. We may share information with accredited registrars that are authorized to provide registration services that enable registrants to register and use domain names in the .health top level domain, which we operate as part of the Services.
Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Users and Services. We may share information when we believe that doing so is necessary to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of dotHealth, our employees or agents or users, or to comply with applicable law or legal process, including responding to requests from public and government authorities, and/or ICANN Policies.
Business Transfers. We may transfer the information we hold in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (such as in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation) or take steps in anticipation of such a transaction.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information. We may share aggregated or de-identified data without restriction.
How to Access or Update Your Information & Other Privacy Choices Available to You
Manage Your Account Information. You may modify your account information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email Promotions. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages or by emailing email@example.com.
Third Party Links and Services
The Services contain links to third-party websites such as social media sites, and may also contain third-party plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button and Twitter “follow” button). If you choose to use these sites or features, you may disclose your information not just to those third-parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function. Because these third-party websites and services are not operated by dotHealth, dotHealth is not responsible for the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your personal and other information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party websites or services, and not this Policy. We urge you to read the privacy and security policies of these third-parties.
We take technical and organizational measures to protect your data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. These measures vary depending on the sensitivity of the information we have collected from you. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is absolutely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information (as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
The information discussed in this Policy is collected and controlled by dotHealth in the United States. dotHealth’s principal office is located at 120 SW 8th Street, Miami, FL 33130. You agree that your information will be processed in the United States for the purposes described herein. As described above, dotHealth also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, dotHealth subsidiaries, trusted service providers, and trusted business partners in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data-protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. You expressly consent to such transfer and processing.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
dotHealth does not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their services to you unless you first agree to such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed above
firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to our Privacy Officer at:
120 SW 8th Street
Miami, Florida 33130