You’ve heard of .edu for Education and .org for Organizations – now the internet has .health for health and wellness! The .health domain extension is now available and is already becoming the domain of choice for everyone who is advancing health & wellness online. Trying to decide if a .health domain is right for you or your brand? Here are a few things you should know:
1. It creates an instant, meaningful connection
“Health” is a topic that’s top-of-mind and a word that conjures up images related to healthcare, wellness, fitness, diet, nutrition and so much more, according to the latest research. In fact, according to Pew Internet, health-related searches are the 3rd most common activity on the Internet (yes, you guessed it, email is number 1)! Think of .health like the .edu or the .org for the health and wellness industry – it shows your relevance and commitment to health, and helps you connect with your intended audience.
The .health domain is home to:
- Healthcare professionals
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Medical associations
- Hospitals & health systems
- Health products & services
- Public health organizations
- Health blogs & publications
- Wellness professionals
- And more!
2. It’s already home to leaders in the health industry
The .health domain may be the new domain on the block – but it didn’t pop-up overnight. Registered health trademarks and pre-screened health industry brands, organizations, and individuals were given priority access to register .health domains through a phased launch process and the .health domainscape is growing by the day.
Check out these companies that are already using their .health domain names:
- Mount Sinai Health System (Rx.health)
- Boston Children’s Hospital (Dock.health)
- Duke Health (Caremap.health)
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (VirtualMedicine.health)
- athenahealth (marketplace.health)
- Amazon (aws.health)
3. So many great opportunities are still available
The .health domain is a new opportunity to stake your claim on the internet. Since it’s new, the name you’ve always wanted could now be available! This gives you the opportunity to rebrand to a URL that’s more relevant to your business, reserve a name for a new blog or business idea, or get shorter “vanity” URLs for health-related campaigns and company initiatives.
Check out some of these great new .health websites that have already launched:
Looking for a little inspiration? Check out the latest case studies. More are being added all the time – is yours next?
4. There’s a team of experts behind it
We are dotHealth, LLC, a company founded by the same folks who launched .CO, a global domain extension for companies and businesses. In addition to our team’s expertise in domains, technology, and health – our Advisory Board is comprised of health and technology experts who have helped guide our terms and policies to ensure the integrity of the extension and deter misuse.
The dotHealth Advisory Board includes:
- Nicolai Bezsonoff, VP of Neustar
- John Brownstein, PhD, Chief Innovation Officer at Boston Children’s Hospital
- John Horton, CEO of LegitScript
- Daniel Kraft, MD, Chair of Medicine at Singularity University
- Dori Salcido, CEO of Salcido Strategies
5. .health is available at your favorite domain retailer
Just like legacy domain extensions like .com and .org, you can register your .health at your favorite domain retailer – including GoDaddy, 101domain, Encirca, and more! Search for the name you want, check the price, and purchase — it’s that easy.